28 Apr Efficacy of SD ST against the COVID
Surface Defence SD ST (90 Days) 500Ml
A recent test to show the efficacy of SD against the corona virus was conducted by an independent laboratory at the Nebraska Medical Centre in the USA. We are pleased to confirm these tests have conclusively shown SD to be effective against the coronavirus.
In the tests SD was applied to a several glass surfaces and the virus was introduced to these surfaces at varied time intervals, so far only up to 7 days. The results have proven that when Coronavirus is exposed to an SD treated surface for greater than 20 minutes, there is a 99% reduction (Log 2) of the virus on that surface.
Tests are ongoing but we expect to see the same results after much longer durations, we’ll keep you posted as the test results continue to be released.
We had test results against other viruses and bacteria over much longer durations and it is pleasing to see these results are being mimicked on public enemy number 1, the Corona Virus!
The HYCHEM SDST Surface Defence Standard Treatment is a long-term sanitiser used to disinfect your home or workplace. Its active ingredient is effective against bacteria and enveloped viruses. Surfaces are treated for up to 90 days.
Long-term sanitiser effective for up to 90 days on most surfaces
Can be applied to handles, lifts, escalators, basins, baths, countertops, floors, furniture & more
Active ingredient: Octadecyl Ammonium Chloride
Hychem is a leading manufacturer and supplier of hygiene and cleaning products in Southern Africa. Hychem products are designed for use in restaurants, hotels, healthcare facilities, commercial laundries and food factories. Hychem is based in South Africa and exports to neighbouring countries.
Surface Defence Standard Treatment can be applied to almost any surface
- Handles, handrails, lift interiors, escalator hand rests, basins, bathtubs, showers, tiles
- Countertops, shower curtains, grout, sinks, washable walls, floors
- Concrete, stone, waste bins
- Stainless steel, aluminium surfaces
- Carpet, upholstery, furniture
- Food contact surfaces
- Kitchen equipment
- How to use
The product is a water-white liquid, supplied ready to use – Apply to CLEAN surfaces only
- Mix product by shaking prior to use
- Test for staining by treating & drying a small concealed area prior to full application
- If staining or haze occurs, wipe or buff with a new microfiber damp cloth or sponge
- For best coverage, spray a light mist at 40 to 60cm, ensuring that the entire area is covered
- Allow 3 to 5 minutes after the application, then lightly wipe surface with a clean dry cloth
- Leave alone until dry or dry under the appropriate heat setting for the surface or fabric being treated before use
- Porous surfaces may require a greater amount of product due to increased absorption
- Re-apply every 90 days (3 months)
- Coverage of hard surfaces should be approximately 25m2 per 500ml
NOTE: Takes up to 6 hours to set
**Do not mix with detergents or any other incompatible substance
Disinfecting enveloped viruses
The active ingredient, Octadecyl Ammonium Chloride, is a disinfectant that is effective against most vegetative bacteria, enveloped pathogens and some fungi.
- Causes moderate eye irritation
- Avoid contact with eyes, skin or clothing
- Wear gloves if desired
- Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling
- Keep out of reach of children & pets
- Do not exchange trigger from original bottle to avoid product contamination
- Do not apply to people, food or animals
- Do not mix with other products
- Do not use for food disinfection
- Do not swallow
- NOTE: If irritation or discomfort persists consult a physician.
- Type: Long-term sanitiser
- Size: 500ml
- Active component: Octadecyl Ammonium Chloride